Ok, this is thanks to the Hive Mind – food for breakfast, endurance sport or the Channel. I’m going to use this on our next long swim.
- One cup of porridge oats (not pinhead)
- 2 tablespoons each of honey and peanut butter
- You can also add sultanas or raisins
- Mix the peanut butter and honey to a paste
- Add the oats and mix
- Leave in the bowl or use greaseproof paper to make a bar
- Place in freezer for 5 minutes (just to firm up)
It’s god-dammed delicious, even if like me you find honey too sweet. It’s also about 560 calories! Yes I guess it’s essentially a kind of flapjack. (Hopefully the dog who has been clearing my porridge bowls can lose a bit of weight now).