Okay, I posted a version of this two years, back when the site was mainly text only. I used thought back then the Solo Bar would a good idea because of the all the training and eating I was doing. This is easy to make and requires zero cooking, I guess you say it’s a type of flapjack.
- One cup of porridge oats
- 2 tablespoons each of honey or maple syrup, and peanut butter
- You could also add sultanas or raisins or flaked almonds
- Mix the peanut butter and honey to a paste
- Add the oats and continue mixing
- Place on grease-proof paper and flatten to make a bar, cut into slices
- Place in freezer for 5 minutes (just to firm up)
It’s also about 1100 calories total, so 350 calories per bar when cut into three, useful for travelling to early morning swims or airports. Also I dislike both Maple Syrup and honey, but when mixed with oats and peanut butter, neither are obvious to taste. I did try it during a long swim a couple of years ago and it took a bit too much chewing.
I’d guess that you could extend it even further, no reason you couldn’t try Nutella for example. Or flax oil or goji berries, etc..
I’ve considered flattening the bar right down, adding a line of jam and adding a second layer on top, like a nicer version of those highly processed Breakfast Bar things.